MClinPsych (UCT) Practice 0120502 HPCSA PS 0061697
[ request an appointment ]
Mindfulness learning resources
- The Institute for Mindfulness South Africa (IMISA): Established in 2007, this is a not-for-profit organisation committed to the practice, research and application of Mindfulness-Based Interventions (MBIs) in the health care sector and broader society. Meditation CDs can be ordered from the website.
- The Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
- The Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice at Bangor University, Wales.
- The Mindful Awareness Research Center at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA).
- The Center for Mindfulness at the University of California, San Diego.
- The Mindfulness Research Guide: A comprehensive electronic resource and publication database that provides information to researchers, practitioners and the general public on the scientific study of mindfulness.
- The Mindsight Institute: Founded by the best-selling author and renowned neuropsychiatrist Daniel Siegel, who coined the word mindsight for the human capacity to perceive the mind of the self and others.
- Mindful, an initiative that celebrates being mindful in all aspects of daily living.
- Sounds True is a publisher focussing on titles for personal transformation and spiritual awakening. Audio, video, music and books about spiritual traditions, meditation, psychology, creativity, health and healing, and self-discovery can be purchased.
- Self-compassion.org: Find out more about the groundbreaking research of Kristin Neff, Ph.D, into mindful self-compassion, and test your own compassion level.